We invite submissions of short and long papers, multi-media materials and posters in the following categories:
- Position papers raising relevant questions in the workshop area, identifying problems and providing a glimpse of solution for a given problem. Representing a basis for discussion, a position paper does not necessarily need to include solutions to its stated problems. Short papers
- Idea papers exploring the history, successes, and challenges of IS development from a socio-technical perspective. . Contrary to short position papers, idea papers should provide the in-depth analysis of a problem, review its existing solutions, demonstrate insufficiency of these solutions and suggest new (yet unevaluated but well argued) solutions. Long papers.
- Experience reports presenting challenges encountered in practice, their related case studies, success and failure stories. An experience report should clearly describe the working context, and focus on the problem and on the lessons learned. Experience reports should be complete and allow for rigorous testing of research theories methods and tools. Long papers.
- Research papers reporting original results in the area addressed by the workshop. A research paper should clearly describe the problem tackled, explore the relevant state of the art, describe the proposed solution and provide a preliminary validation of this solution. Long papers.
- Multi-media. Besides papers, we accept submissions in form of multi-media materials, for example, recorded video or animated presentation, describing industrial experience of using socio-technical perspective for IS analysis or development. In case of acceptance, an extended abstract is published in the workshop proceedings, while the multi-media material itself or a link to it is placed on the workshop site.
- Posters. A short description of an ongoing research project that will be presented as a poster during lunch and in the final session of the workshop
Papers have to present original research/practical contributions not concurrently submitted elsewhere. For submission instructions see page Submission Instruction